Friday, October 9, 2015

The South House Files + 10.9.15

A little late, but was able to squeeze this in. Happy reading!

+ Sarah from Thrifty Decor Chick featured my entry on her latest Before and After post. I've been reading her for YEARS and I couldn't believe it when I saw my picture at the top of her page. I seriously thought my computer screen froze or was faulty or something. Anywho- it was very cool to see! 

+ Did you hear Amazon has launched Handmade? It's basically their version of Etsy! I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling this may be the beginning of the end for Etsy. ("Amazon Etsy Killer" shows up in the google search bar already...). With the way Amazon is taking over the world, I can imagine the convenience of selling/shipping for sellers and buyers is going to be hard to pass up- especially if you're a Prime customer. Time will tell. 


+ Amber Interiors has a fun before and after of her office. Can I just say- she always has the perfect rugs. She must be hiding them all in a storage unit so nobody else can find them. Seriously.

Amber Interiors - Office - Neustadt - 2
Original Source here

+ What does your couch say about you? I did not see a category for frumpy brown sectional, but I could write an excerpt for that if they need me to.... in fact I already did

+ The Makerista definitely has her own style- I have been enjoying watching her transform her Colonial lately- including how she is working with her wood room. She just makes things work in a unique way. Also- her dining room is so cool.

Original Source here

+ So excited for Calling It Home's Fall 2015 One Room Challenge! This occurs twice a year and it's fun to follow the 6 week makeovers of the participating bloggers- and the bloggers who link up. This would be just the thing to get me going on certain rooms in my house.... I like deadlines. Hmmmmm.  Side note- especially excited for Honey We're Home's nursery! I'm also very blog-world excited for her that she's expecting a baby. (Another one that I've been following for years!) Basically- lots of excitement.

Have a great weekend!

-Tricia 

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm brand new to your blog - I found my way here from Thrifty Decor Chick! I am always looking for new bloggers to follow who appreciate the craftsman style and can do both neutrals AND warmth in the same space (with all the beautiful home decor blogs out there, you'd be surprised how difficult that it is to find!) and I am so impressed with how you do that! I just LOVE your style! I've already read every post on your blog and pinned everything :). Total stalker but hopefully it gives you a boost! So looking forward to seeing more from you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes- neutral And warmth is what I love! So glad you checked out my blog :)

      Delete